No gym? That's all right. If you need to recalculate your time, or if you don't have a chance to go to the gym, it's necessary to exercise anytime, anywhere. That's why we invited Jillian Michaels, a world-renowned health and wellness expert and author of the latest book "six keys: Unleashing Your genetic potential and giving you eternal strength, health and beauty", to share some tips on home-based exercise, and to take part in family exercises.
Gillian Michaels knows the power of good home exercise. (picture: Daniel zuchinik / Getty Images entertainment / gettyimages)
five benefits of exercising at home. You can save a lot of time. Michaels tells Livestrong that the ultimate benefit of exercising at home is that it saves a lot of time. &"I can waste 60 minutes (if there's a traffic jam) driving up and down the gym," she said. No one has time!
2. Convenience helps drive. if it's hard for you & 39; to get motivated, Michaels says, it sounds great to be able to plop on the living room floor and do a 20 minute workout quickly. That's why the convenience of exercising at home is so appealing, or if you're traveling in a hotel room again. You have privacy. exercising at home is a great way to keep fit, and it doesn't make you feel like you're in a fishbowl (that is, the weight room in the gym).
4. You need the least equipment. When it comes to equipment, Michaels recommends that you have a variety of free weights - even if it's small (a set of 3 -, 5 -, and 8-pound dumbbells). You can also find an adjustable dumbbell set or power block. Or use what you already have. You can use a chair or table as a platform to do steps, push ups / push ups, or triceps down, Michaels says.
5. The possibilities are infinite. if you're worried about a workout plan or the motivation to take advantage of a coach, you can view one of many fitness apps and streaming platforms online or on your phone. Are you ready to shape and strengthen your whole body? This is Michael's "do a full body workout at home." You can also find more workouts from Michaels & 39; my fitness, developed by Jillian Michaels, on her app.
total time: 27:45
equipment: dumbbells, yoga mats, water bottles, timers
warm up (30 seconds each time)
- jogging in place: jogging in place is good, jogging is easy.
- forearm rotation: make it bigger and rotate the arm alternately from the shoulder. You should also feel it in your core.
- side lunge skater: walk sideways, then take side lunge. Place the other elbow on the other knee and keep it low. Glide across the center and move the other elbow to the other knee.
- hip circumference: stand with feet as wide as hips, and move hands to hips. Press your hips forward and rotate around your hips like an exaggerated hula hoop.
- Jumping Jack: separate your feet and lift your arms over your head. Jump your feet back and lower your arms to your sides.
- knee circle: put your hands on your knees and keep your legs together. Squat down and make a wide, soft circle with your knees.